Fully Funded Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany
2018 – 2019
This is a research program which call for doctoral researchers to come and spend extended period of research in Germany. The period of the research program will last long from 6 to 24 months. Please kindly check out for your own good.
Where: Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, Germany
Nationality: International doctoral researchers
Number of applicants: This program select around 500 applicants
Award for the fellowship: The fellowship will be provided 2,650 EUR per months during the period.
- A doctoral researchers who have at least completed their degree more than 4 years already
- Have an academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Shall have a confirmation from the academic host at a research institution in Germany that the applicants have research facilities that are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s report
- Applicant shall have commence knowledge about humanities or social sciences and physicians in German
- Applicant must have good commence in using English and German (Option)
- Applicants shall never have spent any time more than 6 months in Germany before.
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than four years prior to the date of application. Candidates who have nearly completed their doctoral degrees are eligible to apply provided that they submit the manuscript of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation.
- Academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert's report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany. Details of the research outline including information on the intended duration of the fellowship must be agreed with the intended host before applying.
- Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and one other academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant's eligibility, preferably including a reviewer not working at the applicant's own institute.
- Language skills: scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
- Applications to continue a research stay already underway can only be considered in exceptional cases. The applicant may not have spent an extended period in Germany prior to application. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- The Humboldt-Foundation assumes that candidates will abide the Rules of Good Scientific Practice and the legally-binding principles of scientific ethics during the application and sponsorship periods.
How to apply:
Applicants can only submit their application online.